• The Boss is coming! Look busy!
  • List of bloggers going for the 29th July 2006 Bloggers Meet at KLCC
  • Thursday, June 22, 2006

    Stewie-pore

    To those of you who are probably wondering otherwise now, let me just say that I didn't go to Singapore just to stay in a Singaporean apartment with a Singaporean Microwave (ok fine Addee.. Singaporean PR Microwave) to blow up a Singaporean curry puff :(

    I was in Singapore mainly for work but also for some sight-seeing.

    My baby made me promise that I could go down and do all the work I wanted (and neglect her while I was at it) under the condition that I had to take her to Sentosa to see the pink dolphins which I did.



    In my opinion the pink dolphins looked pretty much half-dead but my baby slapped me when I said that so from now on I shall just say they looked as healthy as Timon & Pumba in the Lion King.

    So healthy that they might as well have been singing pink dolphins:

    HAKUNA MATATA... WHAT A WONDERFUL PHRASE!!!

    I must say that I was pretty impressed with Sentosa considering that everyone has always told me that there is nothing to see in Sentosa.

    I was impressed with their little "Sentosa Public Transport System"

    I was impressed with the landscaping...

    and more importantly I was impressed with ice-cream stalls they put all around the island for me to indulge in.


    Oh and before I forget, I was also impressed by how they forced me to go see the Underwater World by packaging the dolphin tickets with the Underwater World tickets.

    Basically... if you want to see the dolphins, you have to buy the ticket to see the Underwater World as well


    (I didn't want to go to the Underwater World not because I hate fish but because I've been there before long ago while I was still a Little Stewie).

    After I satisfied my baby with the pink dolphins, it was my turn to be happy.


    I wanted to see THE MERLION!!!

    The half-mermaid-half-lion symbol of Singapore!

    So I got my Singaporean friend to bring me to see the famous Merlion only to be disappointed

    It was tiny!!! I always thought the Merlion would be much BIGGER !!!

    I kicked up a big fuss and I told my very tolerant Singaporean friend that I wanted to see a BIGGER MERLION!!!

    So... he thought about it for a few minutes and brought me here.


    Ahh... that's more like it... Singapore Boleh!

    Yet, in spite of all these little fun touristy attractions, I must say that my favourite part of Singapore are the people.

    Hanging out with some of Ming's Singaporean friends... I marvel at how Singaporeans can be so educated and yet have a fun, looney side.



    Many Singaporeans speak fluent top-notch English. Yet they can occasionally turn on a Singlish side that does not just have the usual "lahs" or "lors".

    For example,

    The word government is pronounced gahmen.

    Excuse me is pronounced Eskew Me.

    Rolex is pronounced Lolex.

    and there are funny terms like "Show Half Ball" which is used to describe a woman showing a substantial amount of clevage.

    Anyway, at the end of the trip... pink dolphin or no pink dolphin, merlion or no merlion, and singlish or no singlish...

    I had my duty to take my baby for a romantic dinner that cost me half a Lolex.

    Of course, the bill in Sing Dollars turned out to be reasonable. But when I multiplied the amount by 2.3 to convert it to Malaysian Ringgit... my balls dropped.

    If anyone of you Singaporeans manage to find my two balls... (which was last seen in this restaurant)

    please carefully place them in an envelope and mail them back to me in Penang (by registered post with insurance please).

    19 Comments:

    • Hahahahaha! You are funny Mr Stewie!

      I am from Penang too and now living in Kay El!

      Worked and lived in Singapore between 1980 to 1986!

      Singapore has always been a great place to live and earn good money!

      They are the most efficient in running their island republic and maintaining the best standards of governance this part of the world!

      God willing, will be visiting the republic soon with my spouse.

      Wanna go update my CPF accounts, sightseeing at Sentosa and visit Orchard Road's shopping malls.

      Thank you for the posting at my blog. We think alike.

      Penang ey lang esay kaw tim , ma.

      By Blogger MAHAGURU58, at June 22, 2006 11:37 AM  

    • 2nd!!!!! see i knew something happened to your balls while u in singkapoh!

      By Blogger Wingz, at June 22, 2006 11:46 AM  

    • Stewie, I got a special request. Can you be my next tour guide to all the fansy-pansy restaurant and stuff? I'll JOT them down! I lurveeeeeeee dining.. nyum nyum!

      By Blogger chocolat-latte', at June 22, 2006 12:49 PM  

    • Eh, the big Merlion were next to the small one like in this pic of mine --> http://shw.fotopages.com/5440592/Me-with-the-Merlion-I-was-looking-at-somethingchinese-chiq.html

      Kesian Boss Stewie, Big Merlion were renovated...I thought there's a very big one at Sentosa? Sigh, I want to go to Sentosa T_T

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 22, 2006 12:50 PM  

    • Hey Boss Stewie!

      Glad u enjoy your trip to Singapore. I also didn't know Sentosa change a lot until 2 weeks ago.

      By the way, why are you so crazy over merlion? So did you go to The Merlion at Sentosa as well. Its definately much bigger than the one your friend brought you to. :p

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 22, 2006 12:58 PM  

    • no i didn't go for the sentosa merlion

      i didn't know about that
      ah! cheated

      where else in the world but singapore can you find a merlion


      chocolat :P

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at June 22, 2006 2:54 PM  

    • there's a BIGGGGGG merlion one la..a few stories tall 1 at least..it's near the harbour..

      By Blogger electronicfly, at June 22, 2006 7:12 PM  

    • yo boss!! im checking out lengmou in Rome Italy!!!! LENG MOU???=P realised that there are so many posts that i haven read...will catch up when i get back to london..hehe...ciao!!!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 23, 2006 5:07 AM  

    • btw.. I hate singaporeans.. CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG.. Dolphins were NEVER found PINK.. it's COLOURING.. I don't care of it's safe or whatever.. it's just wrong and they look horibble.. they dont look cute anymore.. i love animals..

      and there was once.. they inject colour onto lil chicks? Those cute lil chicks? They have like purple.. green.. wtf.. sick singaporeans.. I hate them.. I'm an animal lover.. so screw singaporeans with they-think-colour-animals-is-cute thing..

      typical kiasu and kiasi.. bah..

      By Blogger chocolat-latte', at June 23, 2006 11:35 AM  

    • Erm chocolat, pink dolphins are a species of the dolphin leh. They are not purposely coloured pink as far as i know. They can be found off the coast of China, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam, according to this website. http://www.southwest.com.au/~kirbyhs/pinkdolphins.html

      I have to agree that they dun look as cute as the regular ones we usually see. I think Boss Stiewie looks cuter in Pink than the Pink Dolphine (^_^)

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 23, 2006 3:33 PM  

    • zhonwei!!!! you gila one ah! got rome, got the trevi fountain, the pantheon==== and you go online pulak?!!!!!

      By Blogger angelicgirl98, at June 23, 2006 4:38 PM  

    • careful chocolat... my baby loved the pink dolphins very much..even i dare not say anything bad about it now :P

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at June 23, 2006 4:51 PM  

    • Boss maybe you can hang a Pink Dolphin on your phone :p

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 23, 2006 5:19 PM  

    • addee please don't give my baby ideas

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at June 23, 2006 7:34 PM  

    • how about hello kitty lolzzzzzz

      By Blogger こうゆうけん, at June 23, 2006 9:34 PM  

    • chocolat-latte : I've seen the dolphins, I think its sort of a scam how you have to buy tickets for both underwater world and the pink dolphins together. Poo..But nah, they're not really pink...they're just like...erm...albino? lol..

      I hate all those shows where they have animals performing tricks and such...yea its fascinating and fun to watch...but sad at the same time.

      I've lived in Singapore for 3 years now and though I won't go far as to say I hate the singaporean kiasu/kiasi-ness, but to be honest, we Malaysians aren't that much better. LOL.

      I still HATE taking the MRT and the BUS..convenient yes, but my god.....the freaks and inconsiderate nincompoops you meet on them is astounding...

      Its like during peak hours, when everyone is going home from work, and you get this b*tch/ba*tard taking up two whole seats because their fat asses are just too fat. They insist on seating on the aisle seats and some of them pretend to be sleeping thus making in difficult for other ppl to get to the inside seat.

      farking bastards.

      There was this one time this lady placed her HANDBAG on the other seat!

      WTF! And its not one of those huge hobo bags either...BAH!~

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 26, 2006 12:09 PM  

    • illicitus I dun think that is just your problem, I as a singaporean dun like to see how unconsiderate my fellow singaporeans can be too.

      Abt the pink dolphin show, well i never watch b4.. find it silly.. rather go overseas and watch it there at the team park.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 26, 2006 2:15 PM  

    • Boss, I remember I see it somewhere in Orchard b4, If i go there I will buy and mail it to you in Penang or KL huh?

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 26, 2006 2:17 PM  

    • thanks addee.. but i think its near near fullerton hotel instead of orchard road ..

      thanks

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at June 26, 2006 5:40 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home