• The Boss is coming! Look busy!
  • List of bloggers going for the 29th July 2006 Bloggers Meet at KLCC
  • Thursday, April 27, 2006

    Boss Stewie looks under 21

    In less than a month's time, my university life will end. So today I went with a few of my UCL coursemates for one of those lunches where you know it could be one of the last.

    The guy in the white shirt is "Number 9". We call him "Number 9" because he's "rumoured" to be the son of the 9th Richest Man in Malaysia.

    But how do we know if the rumour is true?

    Wise man say "To find out if man is rich, see what he orders to drink at the restaurant".

    So check out the picture below and notice that while the rest of us were drinking TAP WATER, Number 9 was drinking some sort of healthy juice.

    (Yes
    Jason, I was wearing Body Glove. Supporting your favourite label)

    But I wasn't very impressed.

    Come on... you would think the son of the 9th Richest Man in Malaysia would drink something more expensive right?

    However, all that changed when his order of coke came in a Special Edition Gold Plated (or coloured) Bottle.
    I kept my mouth shut after that.

    But ok enough about Number 9.

    The last time I posted a picture of him sleeping in class on this blog he repeatedly threatened to sue me for it. *sigh* Rich people and the lawyers their money can buy.

    After lunch I went off to the nearest Tesco's for a little grocery shopping to buy these things.


    Cereals, milk and some chocolates: a student's best friend.

    When I reached the cashier with my goodies, the woman behind the counter looked at me and politely asked "Sir Can I see some ID please?"

    Confused, I lifted my eyebrow and said "ID? What for?"

    Then she got a little annoyed but kept calm enough to tell me

    "To CHECK if you're above 21".

    I lifted up my left eyebrow and said to her

    "To check if I'm OVER 21?!?!
    JUST FOR ME TO BUY a box of Kellogg's Frosties and some milk?
    Are you taking the piss?"


    (My polite way of saying "Are you FARKING HIGH ON WEED WOMAN?!?")
    Then I started thinking... Why in the WORLD would they only allow over 21's to buy KELLOGG'S FROSTIES?!?!?!

    WHAT?!! WHAT COULD A KID POSSIBLY DO WITH A BOX OF KELLOGG'S FROSTIES THAT COULD BE SOOOOOOOO HARMFUL!?!?!?

    Bring Tony the Tiger to life and get him to sing motivational songs?
    (hmm yeah actually that would be quite awful)
    Anyway, before I could think for too long the cashier's voice snapped me out of my dream
    "NO I AM NOT TAKING THE PISS and it's because YOU are buying a Bailey's flavoured chocolate that has ALCOHOL IN IT". (although the legal age for drinking in the UK is actually 18)

    That made a lot more sense to me. So I showed her my ID, apologised and walked out of the store embarrassed.

    Yes... it turned out that it was THIS LITTLE CULPRIT.

    And it didn't taste that good either. Which then again got me thinking... why would they bother checking ID for ONE PIECE OF CHOCOLATE that didn't have much alcohol in it?

    What am I going to do with it?


    Buy one each day to stockpile in my home and have my friends over for a BOOZE party? Then rather than getting drunk on booze... we drink water and get drunk on BAILEYS CHOCOLATES.

    Sometimes many things don't make much sense to me.

    Update: GOOD NEWS! Number 9 just read this blog entry and he thought it was 'funny' so he decided not to sue me for it. YAY! I get to keep the pants I'm wearing.

    Ok honestly, I doubt he would have really taken me to court but I was afraid he might pull the "Friend Card" and say
    "Boss Stewie if you're my friend, delete that blog entry".

    26 Comments:

    • Woohoo...#1

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 27, 2006 6:07 AM  

    • I'm so bored of studying that I have to keep checking your blog for updates to amuse myself...Oh god, give my life back. Make exams go away!!!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 27, 2006 6:12 AM  

    • HAHAHAHHA....

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 27, 2006 6:32 AM  

    • hahaha hong wee hong weee

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at April 27, 2006 6:42 AM  

    • hahahaha....boss stewie always behave like a "kid"!that is called cute:)

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 27, 2006 7:41 AM  

    • LOL. If you buy the same thing in Malaysia, I don't think the cashier would give a damn. :D

      Who is the 9th richest man in Malaysia? And what so special about that coke?

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 27, 2006 11:07 AM  

    • boss stewie..ur mole is big but ur nippels are small..lolz

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 27, 2006 11:31 AM  

    • I think you made this up because the legal age to purchase alchohol in the UK is 18 not 21, USA is 21 :P

      So I say MOU.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 27, 2006 11:31 AM  

    • She wants to know you whether is 21 or not because she was interested in you! Not because she wanted to check you for buying that frostie! Hahaha! You are so attractive boss stewie! :P

      By Blogger こうゆうけん, at April 27, 2006 1:38 PM  

    • Wrong info = MOU! :p

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 27, 2006 1:48 PM  

    • I'm going to buy some Frosties. Anyone got an over 21 year old ID to lend me? I'm only 20. :P

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 27, 2006 1:58 PM  

    • Quoted fr my gal friends: "Who cares if you are under 21, WE just wan the son of the rich man's contact!!"

      By Blogger Unknown, at April 27, 2006 4:41 PM  

    • shaolin: yep the legal age is 18 but they have a ruling that if you look under 21 they have the right to check your ID. there are stickers all over pubs and tescos saying

      "if you're lucky enough to look under 21, please don't feel offended if we ask for your ID"

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at April 27, 2006 4:51 PM  

    • kampungcity: ok pass it on somewhere more private.. if i do it here he'll sue me for sure

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at April 27, 2006 4:56 PM  

    • ahha.. boss.. u are funny !

      btw, number 9 is cute neh... intro la.. leng mou!

      By Blogger Cely, at April 27, 2006 7:36 PM  

    • boss stewie..i also wan the ctc of son of the rich man's..no. 9

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 27, 2006 7:48 PM  

    • hahaha
      wah suddenly number 9 is so popular.

      ok let me ask him and get back to you ok?

      remember that its just a rumour and we're not 100% sure if he truly is number 9 though.. he could be number 10.. or number 20 for all we know...

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at April 27, 2006 7:56 PM  

    • dammit which tescos express did u go to? I must go and buy alcohol there because everytime I buy alcohol, nobody asks me for ID at all (Not even M&S or Waitrose)!!!!! I must go to boost my own ego that I look young.

      on the issue of leng or not---
      umm...nola

      By Blogger angelicgirl98, at April 27, 2006 9:15 PM  

    • i went to the one on russell square

      don't worry yuen ai... send me your picture if you like.. and i'll post it up here to let everyone tell you how young you look

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at April 27, 2006 10:04 PM  

    • again... replied all the girls and guys... didn't reply me one! Sighhhh.....

      (I know my blog down no need to ignore me one)

      its alright i understood :)

      By Blogger こうゆうけん, at April 28, 2006 1:47 AM  

    • ehh no lar koyuuken
      i missed out one again mahh soo many people!!!

      i dun think that tesco woman was checking her out.. she was much older.. and definitely married

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at April 28, 2006 3:38 AM  

    • Eh eh No.9 ar......

      hard to determined, malaysian business said that no.9 is Tiong Hew King of Rimbunan Hijau(timber)

      it doesn't matter anyway...... as long as u're lucky enough to don't have to worry where to live then I would say...... niama you're damn rich ar

      boss lepton poor, i still remember when i come back to uk i dun have place to stay, have to stay at gf's place sniff sniff....

      By Blogger Wilson J Q Quah, at April 28, 2006 8:07 AM  

    • detected the Baileys in the 1st picture....so a MOU for Stewie

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 28, 2006 12:14 PM  

    • *sniff*

      at least u got gf place to stay in

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at April 28, 2006 5:46 PM  

    • hey! kelloge has been my college's biggest sponsor!!! W. Keith Kelloge and Jane Kelloge!! You must not insult Tony Kelloge!!!

      By Blogger Min L. Fu, at April 29, 2006 5:46 AM  

    • I know this is late, but JL just told me about this post. Rofl!!! LENG LENG LENG!!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 02, 2006 5:34 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home