• The Boss is coming! Look busy!
  • List of bloggers going for the 29th July 2006 Bloggers Meet at KLCC
  • Friday, July 14, 2006

    Crossing a relationship milestone: The Dog

    In all relationships, there are milestones.

    The beginning of a relationship always starts of with holding hands in public (which could get you in trouble these days).



    Then comes hugging and kissing.

    Then comes... THE ACT OF LURVEEE...

    And then comes the addiction to "THE ACT OF LURVEEE" for about 2 months before both sides get bored of it.


    So what do couples do to keep the fire burning after that?


    Well... they normally move in together and get on each other's nerves or they jump straight to marriage.

    But what some people may not realize is that between getting bored of the "ACT OF LURVEEE" and "MOVING IN" together, some couples do other things... like adopt a pet.

    Normally initiated by the female side, couples adopt a pet (usually a cute one since its normally the woman that gets to pick) to increase the level of commitment in a relationship.

    Some women associate having a pet together with having a baby together, thinking that with a pet in the relationship, the man is less likely to cheat or leave.

    Of course little do they know that there are some of us men out there who don't really care.

    Pet or no pet... we leave anyway right? :P (I've seen that happen sooo many times before).


    Anyway, in my current relationship, we just got to the 'pet stage' a few days ago (but with a twist).

    Meet Ah Bop... Our pet dog.

    When deciding what to name him at first, I thought of the name "Bob".

    Simple and easy right?


    But being chinese-educated, my girlfriend started calling him Ah Bop... (or sometimes Bop Kor or Bop Bop) which I personally find quite cute so AH BOP IT IS!!!

    As you can see, my baby is very attached to Ah Bop.
    And uhmmm.. yeah.. so am I...


    Allow me to illustrate.

    This is how 'sad' and 'angry' I normally look when I'm without Ah Bop.


    And this is how happy I look WITH Ah Bop.

    Can't you just see my gleaming excitement and enthusiasm when I'm with Ah Bop?

    I love Ah Bop... oh yes I do... oh yes I do...

    PS: Seriously... if I look happier when shopping and carrying a dozen toilet paper rolls with me in public as compared to holding a stuffed toy... something must be wrong...

    25 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home