• The Boss is coming! Look busy!
  • List of bloggers going for the 29th July 2006 Bloggers Meet at KLCC
  • Monday, May 15, 2006

    Why make life difficult?

    Just a few days ago a small group of us decided to go for lunch at this restaurant called Busaba.

    It is a nice posh-looking (but not too expensive) restaurant off Tottenham Court Road (one of the busiest roads in London).
    Outside the restaurant, rather than having the usual cardboard menu, they instead have a little screen where you can push some buttons to tell the little computer what you feel like eating and it'll show you a list of everything.
    In the restaurant everyone shared big square tables and sat on benches (canteen-style).

    My Green Curry Thai Fried Rice there was a little more expensive than an average student's lunch in London but it was not too bad.

    But all that's not important right now!

    Upon arrival at the restaurant, I was in a rush. I needed to go to the piss... BAD... and when I say bad... I mean SO BAD THAT IF I DON'T GET TO A TOILET SOON I WOULD PISS ALL OVER MYSELF.

    So once we got seated, I chucked my jacket aside and rushed downstairs to the toilet. Ohhh it was a feeling of satisfaction when you know you're on the way to the toilet and that the battle is half won.

    Running down the stairs to the toilet was almost like running towards the Gates of Heaven. I could see the light in front of me at the end of the dark stair-well.


    My heart started pumping harder and my face failed to hide an evil smirk at the thought of the satisfaction I would be feeling in less than 2 minutes.


    I was running.... ohh I was running and I could hear my guardian angel shout behind me
    "RUN STEWIE!!! RUN!!!!!"

    Oh I was running...

    BUT just when I got to the bottom of the stairs I cursed so loud the entire restaurant shook for a few seconds.


    There I stood in front of two doors (one leading to the men's and the other to the ladies')


    and instead of seeing signs like this (LIKE NORMAL TOILETS HAVE),
    they instead decided to screw me over and have something like this

    and this

    NOW WHAT THE FARK IS THAT ALL ABOUT?!?!

    So there I stood in front of these signs with a bladder so full I felt like passing out and I was EXPECTED TO CRACK "THE ENIGMA CODE" TO GET INTO THE RIGHT TOILET?!?!

    (Why don't they also get me to recite a poem and sing Negaraku while they're at it)

    I refused to be played like that so I waited to see if anyone would come out of the doors.
    (If a woman came out of one of those doors I would just go for the other one... common sense right?)

    I waited for nearly 2 minutes and NOBODY came out!
    (2 minutes is a BLARDY long time when your bladder is at maximum capacity)

    My legs started getting shaky and there were tears in my eyes.. TEARS.. TEARS I TELL YOU!!!!

    I decided that I had to do something.

    I thought that if I picked a door at random, there would be a 50/50 chance that I would get the right one. So I picked one, said a little prayer and went charged in.

    Yes... as you can imagine... it was the wrong one.

    Don't ask me what happened next because it wasn't funny but lets just say the phrase
    "WHAT THE HELL?!?!" came up.

    Anyway, after I got to the right toilet and released what could've been 8 gallons of piss I came out and looked again at the signs on the doors to see how in the world they could've meant anything!


    I saw it... the guy's toilet 'symbol' looked something more like a guy pissing.

    With the help of photoshop, allow me to illustrate.


    This is the men's

    and this is the ladies'

    BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!

    It could be a picture of a piece of POO on one door and a donkey on the other it still wouldn't make a difference!

    WHYYYY?!!?!?


    WHY IN THE WORLD DO THEY HAVE TO MAKE LIFE SO COMPLICATED?!?!?!

    WHAT HAS A MAN GOTTA DO TO PISS IN PEACE THESE DAYS??!?!

    34 Comments:

    • hmmmm quite nice design this

      I think if I were to own a restaurant like that I'll make it a bit worse.......

      like er.........

      well........ er.........

      *censored*

      By Blogger Wilson J Q Quah, at May 15, 2006 7:30 AM  

    • i tell u on msn boss...

      it was damn pai seh!

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at May 15, 2006 7:33 AM  

    • boss stewie, tell us what happened lar... sharing is caring wut.. Hehe!

      By Blogger Ianfluenza, at May 15, 2006 8:14 AM  

    • ya lar....stewie........tell lar.....

      By Blogger men, at May 15, 2006 8:18 AM  

    • LOL. The pictures make sense what!

      By Blogger Jason Lioh, at May 15, 2006 8:28 AM  

    • ROFL.

      Freaking leng...

      Now I have to visit this restaurant myself...after my exams of course.

      By Blogger angelicgirl98, at May 15, 2006 10:11 AM  

    • hahaha jason, i guess when your bladder's full, it somehow blocks out your thinking capability leaving an IQ less than 50.... But its a very innovative signage. 1st time seeing also.

      By Blogger Unknown, at May 15, 2006 10:26 AM  

    • ROFL! that sounds pretty traumatizing! :P

      By Blogger yuin, at May 15, 2006 10:52 AM  

    • Please tell me on msn too! Poor Boss stewie went to girl toilet!!! wuahhahahaa! Its actually interesting story you telling :P

      Of course I give leng!

      By Blogger こうゆうけん, at May 15, 2006 11:14 AM  

    • hahahaha!!!! pity u la boss... but i like the design la...very creative!!! =P but the my main concern is that: SO WAT DID U SEE IN THE LADIES????!!!hahaha!!!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 15, 2006 11:17 AM  

    • Oh man...even Einstein will be confused to see such toilet signage.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 15, 2006 12:49 PM  

    • urm.. er.. actually isn't it pretty obvious? Well, you could have just entered the ones that looked like a guy pissing in the 1st place.. I get what you mean by the other pic.. the lady pissing position could also means taking a dump but.. hey.. at the current moment you just wanna piss.. you could have took the chance..

      and.. I still think the signs are pretty obvious.. separating the 2 genders..

      HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

      By Blogger chocolat-latte', at May 15, 2006 3:04 PM  

    • eh.. the sign is understood-able what... cheh.. boss..

      maybe u were super duper rush.. and ur brain cant process to read the sign.. kakakaka

      By Blogger Cely, at May 15, 2006 4:23 PM  

    • By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 15, 2006 5:07 PM  

    • ehh first of all.. there is a difference between creative and practical!!

      secondly.. its hard to think when you're trying to stop yourself from wetting your pants

      and uhmm... fortunately... there was only ONE girl in the toilet when i went in... but she wasn't very happy and she didn't think misreading the signs was a good excuse

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at May 15, 2006 5:09 PM  

    • LOL~! Boss stewie kena marah! LOL~!

      By Blogger こうゆうけん, at May 15, 2006 5:25 PM  

    • *sniff*

      yes
      kena marah

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at May 15, 2006 5:32 PM  

    • leng!
      gawd. accounts and BM test tomorrow
      ~
      um, just wonderin, is anyone doin a journalism course?
      r there any A-levels journalism courses at limkokwing?

      By Blogger Nie, at May 15, 2006 5:45 PM  

    • leng!
      gawd. accounts and BM test tomorrow
      ~
      um, just wonderin, is anyone doin a journalism course?
      r there any A-levels journalism courses at limkokwing?

      By Blogger Nie, at May 15, 2006 5:45 PM  

    • lol
      haha boss stewie fake one la, i bet he CAN tell the difference between the 2 signs...he just ermmm
      how do u put it...DIDNT want to hahaha :P caues in his mind rite "50/50 chance can walk into the girls johnette WITH a LEGIT excuse"
      hahaha dirty minded guy..with exams round the corner too haha :P

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 15, 2006 5:54 PM  

    • I was just there yesterday, actualli tot the signs were stupid, n i had the same 50/50 approach but guess wat, i got the rite toilet :P

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 15, 2006 7:03 PM  

    • hey, I think the signs are cool!! But they should honestly do something about it. I wouldnt mind to walk into the men's room by accident. I always wonder how does the male's restroom look like..

      By Blogger Min L. Fu, at May 15, 2006 7:08 PM  

    • lmfao. at first i thought u were IN the men's toilet. but ur wondering which room to go. i thought the first one's for shitting, the second one for normal pissing. lolz. but tat's a funny one.. :D cheers!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 15, 2006 7:48 PM  

    • thaaaank u kylier and jia jer.. at least some people agree that the signs were stooopidd

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at May 15, 2006 7:59 PM  

    • kylier: tell u what.. why not try it one fine day? ;) you might find something that interests you in there

      By Blogger Unknown, at May 15, 2006 8:03 PM  

    • well, at least there was a sign....
      half the battle won IMO rofl

      By Blogger William, at May 15, 2006 8:58 PM  

    • yes,boss stewie,i also wanna know what happened to you(poor boss).
      but the toilet sign are quite cool,though i might get confuse too!hehehe....

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 15, 2006 9:48 PM  

    • hahha ....... when u enter u see alot of toilet bowl means .......ladies room lar........ if u see cubicle ....voila ..its the mens

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 15, 2006 10:10 PM  

    • yes .. but u only know AFTER u enter right?

      by then its too late

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at May 15, 2006 11:53 PM  

    • its not too late, it has only just begun... muahahhahhaa....

      By Blogger Unknown, at May 16, 2006 12:35 AM  

    • After blardy bored of the notes, i shouted out loud to my roomie... "Hou sien arr!!!" (very boring)...
      and his reply was... *quote* hui chi sor da fei gei la *unquote* (go masturbate in the toilet)
      I laughed my #$$ off...

      By Blogger Unknown, at May 16, 2006 12:55 AM  

    • william... people ta fei kei the most during exam time

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at May 16, 2006 3:27 AM  

    • My first thought seeing those signs were pee and poo...

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 16, 2006 2:07 PM  

    • wooohooo..it's very creative..

      By Blogger T3h Gr33n C0w, at May 16, 2006 6:50 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home