• The Boss is coming! Look busy!
  • List of bloggers going for the 29th July 2006 Bloggers Meet at KLCC
  • Monday, May 01, 2006

    My Favourite Place in the World

    I spend most of my time 10,000km away from home in London: a city where not even your neighbours would know if you were dead in your flat for 3 weeks.

    Perhaps the only half refreshing thing about London is that you see many many more Ferraris then you would ever see in KL (and especially Penang).

    But when I get sick of the depressing nights, the freezing cold and the bustling roads...
    I think of my favourite place in the world.

    My favourite place in the world is on the balcony of my home in Penang with a view of the Tanjung Bungah suburb on my left

    and the view of the sea on my right.

    Sure, I've been to many apartments with far more beautiful views but I would not trade any view in the world for this one.

    Every time I get back to Penang I will stand on my spot and take a picture of the same view to see if anything has changed since I've been gone.

    But let me tell you how it feels.

    When you sit on that balcony, you feel the heat of the sun on your skin and the very slight breeze on your face.

    Yes, it is burning hot in the afternoon which is why I love to stand on that balcony wearing nothing but shorts.

    Perhaps not a very beautiful sight but hey... nobody's looking.

    On a quiet evening you can hear the sounds of life in the suburb below.

    You hear the dogs bark, the kids scream and the occasional laughter of the people talking on the quiet streets.

    When you look to your right you see the sea with the mainland at the horizon and sail boats from the nearby Penang Swimming Club.

    If you're lucky you might even catch the sunset at the horizon.

    I even remember the afternoon of 26th of December 2004.

    There I was standing at my usual corner when I spotted unusual waves in the sea coming towards the land. I thought "Bah!

    What the heck, it's not something I see everyday so might as well snap some pictures of it".

    An hour later on my way out to meet friends for a movie at Gurney Plaza I got stuck in a massive traffic jam.

    After almost an hour of cutting queue with my small little car and showing my middle finger to people who just don't know how to bloody drive, my mum called.

    "SON!!! COME HOME NOW!!! GURNEY DRIVE GOT HIT BY TSUNAMI!!!!"

    My first reaction was "TSUNAMI? IN PENANG?? Don't joke mother"

    It took her 5 minutes to convince me that she wasn't pulling my leg but I told my mum that there was really nothing to worry about and that I really wanted to watch that movie. I could've been so wrong...

    But hey, how was I to guess that those unusual waves were part of a Tsunami?

    I would think that they would be huge tidal waves that we see on movies like "Day after tomorrow" or something.

    Of course I learned later on that most of the Tsunami wave is underwater until it comes to close to the shore.

    But even then... it hardly looked like a Tsunami at all did it?

    Yes, fortunately it was a "Baby Tsunami" that hit Penang and it took a few days for everyone to stop panicking and for assholes to stop sending hoax SMS with messages like

    "TONIGHT TSUNAMI! STAY AT HOME!!!"

    But all that feels a distant past now...

    So today, every time I sit on my favourite spot, I make a wish that the side of Penang I look at every day, will never change.

    Unfortunately... the last time I was back, there was a building coming up right in front of my balcony.

    Soon the only view I would have left on my balcony is the view of someone's window.

    Lets just pray that it will be the window of a pretty girl.

    Anyway, when I was typing out this post, someone suggested that I put up a picture of me standing topless on my spot.

    I refused of course... but then after being labelled "TAK SPORTING", I decided... oh what the hell...

    Unfortunately, this is the only one I could find.

    It wasn't a pretty sight so...

    Girl's... now would be a good time to look away.... So when people ask me... "What's the first thing you're going to do when you get home?"

    I will give them a long hard look and say

    "Take off my shirt and stand on my spot."

    Please excuse Boss Stewie... he is just homesick.

    50 Comments:

    • hahahaha my boss's house has the most amazing view

      niama I would've paid ticket to go in everyday to "cheong" his spot from him

      By Blogger Wilson J Q Quah, at May 01, 2006 7:27 AM  

    • awww....my poor boss stewie.miss home so much:(
      nvm,guess u can get back home very very soon!hehehe....
      well well...the picture looks familiar...hmm....yes,it is the tsunami view!OMG!!!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2006 7:29 AM  

    • hahah...boss..homesick arrr??? hehe..u goin back soon wat! last year in london dy! sigh.. i miss Malaysia too... i wan penang char kuey tiao!!! btw boss.. why u "kek" until so hard in that photo???haha!!trying to show off ur muscles to TOCK isit??? try sending the wrong signal again??hehe..=P

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2006 7:31 AM  

    • yes yes i showing tock

      notice that date of that photo... a year ago.. now boss stewie fat already... kek also no use.. kek even more fat come out

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at May 01, 2006 7:32 AM  

    • hahaha!!!posting comments in your blog is like chattin on msn!!!so fast got reply!!less than 5 sec la!!! wth?!?!!? haha!! btw..boss u are not qualified to be fat as long as there is lepton as me! haha!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2006 7:35 AM  

    • no mah
      i talking to baby
      while talkign to baby i still on leng mou mah

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at May 01, 2006 7:49 AM  

    • hahahahaa i know ur aptmnt is not Silverton or No. 1 PG liao...if u tell me the name of the aptmtnt u stay...i give u LENG lor..lolz

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2006 9:07 AM  

    • Other than the tsunami pic, this is a mou. :D

      P/S : can turn off the word verification thingy ah? blogger has controlled the spamming what.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2006 9:19 AM  

    • ya la.. ya la... show off....

      best of both worlds la... penang nice view and streets full of ferraris la... knn... the only thing i see is street full of stray dogs and street full of stray cats la..

      By Blogger Kiss my ass, at May 01, 2006 9:46 AM  

    • still prefer OZ view. damn i miss OZ, perth, small little quiet town

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2006 9:52 AM  

    • Boss stewie purposely show his naked look to his darling tockie! Hahahaha!!! Penang? Kajang is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


      Between, I can do nothing with the fucking mysql is down now!!! Its not my fault!!! Argghhhhh! :(

      By Blogger こうゆうけん, at May 01, 2006 12:14 PM  

    • My house in front got house. So onli got house view.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2006 12:29 PM  

    • walao. This balcony doesn't look like a balcony at all leh. It looks like edge of a heliped...

      By Blogger rootified, at May 01, 2006 1:00 PM  

    • errr Stewie.... r u trying to prove "something" to a bunch of weirdos ?

      a MOU for that....

      but anyway, who isn't homesick ? hehehe.... what if u have a Ferrari in the UK, would u be homesick ?

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2006 1:25 PM  

    • u know, i always loved penang.. for the view.. the houses on the slope.. overlookin the great view..
      i envy u.. =~(

      if ONLY has it all..

      penang has awesome clubs.. has the beach.. what more can you ask for.. well, maybe because im from kl and i like things i dont see in kl.. but nothin beats the beach..

      By Blogger chocolat-latte', at May 01, 2006 1:31 PM  

    • nice one

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2006 5:05 PM  

    • I can sense people being aware that Boss Stewie is the rich boss and I'm the poor boss.

      hmmmphhh

      By Blogger Wilson J Q Quah, at May 01, 2006 6:27 PM  

    • koyuuken: its time to switch webmost wei

      oh don't worry.. mine is not any nice house on the hill like you think chocolat

      rootified: balcony lar!!! wahh got helipad in my little home meh? wah u think i AP king ar?

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at May 01, 2006 6:28 PM  

    • oh yea hor AP king got helipad in his house 1

      damn geng :D

      By Blogger Wilson J Q Quah, at May 01, 2006 6:40 PM  

    • Boss Stewie... Wah now I see your face, I can greet you if ever I see you near China Town having roast duck rice... Suddenly felt an urge for roast duck rice in a restaurant in Leiceister Sq *sigh*

      Now all I need to do is search for a pic of Boss Lepton.. then complete! I will spot you two in a tube someday. World is small, babe.

      By Blogger Otto, at May 01, 2006 8:31 PM  

    • hehehehe, boss lepton no pic
      boss lepton ugly

      By Blogger Wilson J Q Quah, at May 01, 2006 9:43 PM  

    • hrrrmmm.......

      Boss Lepton: Toyota Celica?? Very cheap horrr.... *nudges Boss Lepton*

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2006 10:27 PM  

    • lance: yalar.. u know to some people.. celica is cheap car lar... to the rest of us.. proton perdana is already like supercar

      otto: when it comes to roast duck u'll prob see me more at four seasons... :P

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at May 01, 2006 10:33 PM  

    • I cannot afford roast duck in Four Seasons larrrrrrrr... *grimaces*

      By Blogger Otto, at May 01, 2006 10:38 PM  

    • doesn't it cost more or less the same everywhere?

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at May 01, 2006 10:40 PM  

    • both boss are rich .

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2006 10:41 PM  

    • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2006 11:10 PM  

    • Depends how much is the more or less...... Hahaha... I am not sure.. I just figured that it must be quite dear to have something in the Four Seasons =D

      By Blogger Otto, at May 01, 2006 11:33 PM  

    • zhon: Oh, it was a balcony and not a helipad??

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2006 11:45 PM  

    • Duck is around the same price everywhere. But how many people go eat a whole duck to themselevs?? A poor man would have QUARTER a duck between the whole family for a week or something. Both bosses are not EVEN close to poor la, come on. They eat ONE duck each. Imagine the level of cholesterol. aii... no wonder got fat la

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2006 11:48 PM  

    • boss stewie..give us ur aptmnt and adress, we wan go for a swim and buffet in ur aptmnt..lolz

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2006 11:50 PM  

    • oh cann... my apartment easy wan.. just give IC can masuk di.. but my apartment got no swimming pool


      YAY YAY .. everyone is talking about DUCK
      lets talk about DUCK
      I LOVE DUCK

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at May 01, 2006 11:57 PM  

    • Oh I just got it... Does otto think you're eating siew arp at the Four Seasons Hotel.... It's actually a very popular Chinese restaurant in Bayswater - just went there on Saturday -yum!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 02, 2006 12:14 AM  

    • what name is ur aptmnt ah? what floor? lolz...

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 02, 2006 12:14 AM  

    • uhhh
      my apartment ar
      uhmm Villa Sayang HEHEHEHEh

      ohh nicole......good point

      yeah otto i wasn't referring to four seasons hotel.. i was referring to the four seasons restaurant at bayswater

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at May 02, 2006 12:36 AM  

    • I think I will get a duck rice at Four Season since I'll be at Bayswater after my exam this Friday. waaakakakaa.

      But seriously, other than the duck, nothing else is that nice there, in fact, not very tasty at all.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 02, 2006 1:59 AM  

    • ehh
      not bad what their beef fried noodle
      and their kai lan
      and tau miu

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at May 02, 2006 2:25 AM  

    • I've had better la...

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 02, 2006 3:17 AM  

    • lol--- waxing nostalgia i see (said in irritating yoda style)
      okla-leng because penang has a lot of good food and my best friend is from penang!

      By Blogger angelicgirl98, at May 02, 2006 3:52 AM  

    • eh who is your best friend?

      penang is a small place... i might know her

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at May 02, 2006 6:01 AM  

    • Otto feels so stupid now... then again, Otto does not even remember her favourite roast duck rice restaurant but it is in Leiceister Sq.

      Once Otto walked one hour just to find that damn shop again.

      Okay okay, so duck rice in Four Seasons (not the hotel) would be quite affordable.

      *hints* Mealtimes with me are the best. I can't finish everything on my plate =)

      Hahahhahahahha...

      By Blogger Otto, at May 02, 2006 8:26 AM  

    • aiya no need talk about duck la.. sar hor fun the best.!!!

      By Blogger Kiss my ass, at May 02, 2006 9:07 AM  

    • aiya no need talk about duck la.. sar hor fun the best.!!!

      By Blogger Kiss my ass, at May 02, 2006 9:07 AM  

    • Oh my god, i love penang too... i stayed at merit sayang aparment b4 (if not mistaken, is it called merit sayang?) very nice view.. i like tanjung bungah beach one.. ahhaha

      By Blogger Cely, at May 02, 2006 10:25 AM  

    • I havent had lunch yet, and I have to tie my stomach while reading this... T_T

      I hate Cyberjaya

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 02, 2006 3:13 PM  

    • lance dun sad.. i hear cyberjaya got... uhm... good nasi lemak.. no?

      otto... u're right.. i love eating with people like u.. lets go!

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at May 02, 2006 5:03 PM  

    • Boss Stewie, giving you a leng~ you can probably see my little hut somewhere at the bottom of those pics >_<

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 02, 2006 8:10 PM  

    • from home sick to duck sick, otto, u also here

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 03, 2006 4:43 PM  

    • InvisibleGhost, does it surprise you that I do?

      Both bosses betting and the prize is duck, so of course I am here! Just miss my favourite duck rice very much.



      Boss Stewie, okay set... will catch up for some serious duck rice hunting when in London. Will be there soon. Visa's approved. Yay!

      By Blogger Otto, at May 05, 2006 5:48 PM  

    • I miss penang!!! Sigh...

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 24, 2006 2:09 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home